reCap - Fermentation Starter Kit
Are you new to fermentation? Or are you looking to make a small batch ferment? The Mason Jars Company Fermentation Starter Kit is perfect for fermentation beginners and small batch ferments!
THE FERMENTATION STARTER KIT INCLUDES:
reCAP Venti Mason Jar Set with The Original reCAP Mason jar POUR lid in Silver and a 24 ounce Ball Mason jar
reCAP Fermenter: Fermentation waterless airlock with an authentic one way valve. The reCAP fermenter is low-profile and durable!
Fermentation Weight: 4 ounce Ball Mason jar to be used as a fermentation weight to keep your ferment submerged under fermenting brine/juices to prevent mold.
Himalayan Pink Salt packet: 100% Raw, Natural, and Unrefined. Best fermentation salt!
**Fermentation Kit also includes instructional guide and 3 fermentation recipes for fermenting beginners (Ginger Carrots ferment recipe, Hot Sauce fermentation recipe, & a Salsa fermentation recipe) + free fermentation download to our Fermentation Made Easy eBook with 9 unique fermentation recipes!
Why Eat Fermented Foods?
Besides the fact that they taste great and really grow on you, there are several great reasons to start making and eating fermented foods:
- Probiotics– Eating fermented foods and drinking fermented drinks like Kefir and Kombucha will introduce beneficial bacteria into your digestive system and help the balance of bacteria in your digestive system. Probiotics have also been shown to help slow or reverse some diseases, improve bowel health, aid digestion, and improve immunity!
- Absorb Food Better– Having the proper balance of gut bacteria and enough digestive enzymes helps you absorb more of the nutrients in the foods you eat. Pair this with your healthy real food diet, and you will absorb many more nutrients from the foods you eat. You won’t need as many supplements and vitamins, and you’ll be absorbing more of the live nutrients in your foods.
- Budget Friendly– Incorporating healthy foods into your diet can get expensive, but not so with fermented foods. You can make your own whey at home for a couple of dollars, and using that and sea salt, ferment many foods very inexpensively.
- Drinks like Water Kefir and Kombucha can be made at home also and cost only pennies per serving. Adding these things to your diet can also cut down on the number of supplements you need, helping the budget further.
- Preserves Food Easily– Homemade salsa only lasts a few days in the fridge- Fermented homemade salsa lasts months! The same goes for sauerkraut, pickles, beets and other garden foods. Lacto-fermentation allows you to store these foods for longer periods of time without losing the nutrients like you would with traditional canning.