The Unscented Company
"I launched The Unscented Company in 2016, a complete line of unscented home and body care on two founding principles. Firstly, we redefine the notion of clean by offering exclusively unscented all natural products. We believe powerful cleaning can be free of fragrances and we could all be better for it. Secondly, we design our packaging for conscious living by allowing our customers the ability to refill their bottles either at home or in-store. A significant reduction of our collective plastic footprint.
Our commitment goes beyond products and packaging. We are a Certified B Corporation, a growing community of more than 2000 companies working together toward 1 unifying goal: to redefine success in business. We aspire to meet the highest standards of verified performance, transparency, and accountability, taking into account workers, our local community and the environment."
-Anie Rouleau - Founder and CEO
Our take-home bulk options and in-store refill stations greatly reduce packaging needs. Bulk buying removes thousands of plastic bottles from circulation each year and represents a positive impact on the environmental and economic costs of added cardboard, transportation, manufacturing, and end-of-life management!
When it comes to product packaging, our approach is reduction and eco-design at the source. We are constantly rethinking our designs and working with our suppliers towards that goal. Up to now, we have managed to:
1. Include 25% of post-consumer recycled plastic (PCR) in our Laundry Soap Bottle.
2. Switch from a 4L plastic jug to a 4L Refill bag-in-a-box for our Laundry, Hand and Dish Soaps, reducing plastic use by at least 80%!
3. Provide only BPA-free bottles.
4. Use an innovative Omnidegradable® (compostable) bag for our Dish Tabs.
5. Use easily recyclable plastics, such as HDPE #2, for all our bottles.